New Music Friday is with us once more! There’s a new one from Ed Sheeran, but you probably know that. Here are five new albums we think should also be on your radar.
The 13th Floor’s Marty Duda has chosen these 5 new albums for your consideration released today:
- Rodney Crowell – The Chicago Sessions (New West) Rodney teams up with Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy and the results are exactly what you’d expect…fantastic. We just saw Rodney Crowell singing with Emmylou Harris at Willie Nelson’s 90th and, even better, Marty spoke to Rodney about making The Chicago Sessions. Click here to watch.
2. Eilen Jewell – Get Behind The Wheel (Signature Sounds) Another 13th Floor Favourite! This is Jewell’s 9th studio album and possible her best. But it didn’t come easy: “When the pandemic hit and my life fell apart, I spent a lot of time in the mountains of Idaho trying not to spin out too much,” says Eilen. Click here to watch The 13th Floor Interview with Eilen Jewell to find out more.
3. Dictaphone Blues – Greetings From Glen Eden Five new songs from Edward Castelow aka Dictaphone Blues. Here’s what he has to say: “I had a hankering to make something loud and powerful, to write songs that would be easier to play and enjoy live. Growing up in small town NZ I found escape in the grunge and alt-rock bands of the 90s, but my creative path has led me further and further away from that sound. Revisiting songs from that era ignited an energy I wanted to explore again”. Click here to read the 13th Floor review.
4. Immaterial Possession – Mercy Of The Crane Folk (Fire) What’s in the water in Athens, Georgia? This is psych-folk at its weirdest and most wonderful. Here’s how the folk at Fire Records describe it: A haunting and immersive trip, their second album is a theatrical soundscape and psychedelic dance party from the underground with flurries of retro keys, wandering Morricone-esque guitars and dreamy Sumac harmonies. Watch for a 13th Floor interview very soon.
5. Smashing Pumpkins – ATUM (Thirty Tigers) Yes, they’re still around. In fact this is the third of a trilogy that began back in November of last year. Not only are there three installments, but its a “rock opera”! Just what we need. Or is it? We dare you to listen to all 33 tracks.
- The Dandy Warhols Are Coming And They Are Bringing Their Rockmaker: Interview - 28 February 2024
- Nailah Hunter Shares Her Lovegaze With Us: Interview - 27 February 2024
- Balu Brigada Perform Designer at The 13th Floor: Singles Session - 27 February 2024